Friday, February 15, 2013

Damage Control

I finally got myself a set of wheels, a local guy Sean hit me up one day asking if I wanted to buy some XXR 962 off him.  Said he would make a good deal with me on them, so I went out to his shop Central Imports and did a quick test fit.  Brand new wheels with new tires mounted for only $700, how could I say no to that?

So I picked em up and got to work on prepping the car for some bigger wheels.  For those wondering the wheels are fronts are 18x8.5 +35 and rears are 18x9.5 +35 with 265 tires on all 4.

Quickly I realized that I was going to need to move my wire harness out of the way, with these bigger wheels I would be shredding wires, also I noticed a lip that looked like a tire cutter so that had to be hammered flat to prevent that from happening.

With the time spent working on her, I found myself growing rather fond of not having a front bumper on the car.  For shits and giggles I decided to remove the front bumper support and see how she looked without it.

Needless to say, she looked good without it, so I left it that way.  The bumper's paint was in really bad shape, and this made the car look a lot better without it.  There was only one issue tho, the wheels didn't exactly fit the best, still had some gap to fill with my fenders having been rolled and pulled.

No comments:

Post a Comment