I'm still sitting on factory engine mounts, this is something that has been making me nervous for a while now, I keep hearing stories of people busting a mount which doesn't settle well with me. I would hate to be at an event, clutch kick and BAM bust a mount and be done for the day. So what did I decide to do you may ask? Well, I ordered me some nice mounts is what I did! Placed an order for a set of Avid Racing mounts with the 90A bushings in them. I think these should hold up just fine and dandy.
Next on my list I felt that new wheel bearings where much needed. My driverside rear bearing has slowly started taking a dump on me, plus with the GKtech knuckles I feel like putting new bearings up front is a must! So I went a head and ordered new bearings all around. I know this isn't anything exciting, but don't worry, when I go to install them I'll make it worth your while to read about what I do with them. A little trick I picked up from reading MotoIQ.
Now that the boring stuff is out of the way, lets get to cracking on some actual WORK! That's right, I finally pulled the car out from its storage garage and did something with it. I made some plans with my friend Travis to do a little bit of fab work on the car for me. I don't have any fab work skills really, unless you count ugly looking welds as skill. So I left it up to him.
Before heading out to his place I decided it would be a good idea if I just removed my bumper at home the day before... Little did I know I was in for a surprise, and found a few things I didn't want to see.
Woke up the next morning to find it raining...It had been nice, sunny, and warm the past couple days and the day I go to do some work it loves to rain on me for some reason.
Got back to Travis's and he decided it was time for his SR to meet the engine bay of the Sil80 for the first time.