A while ago I took on a quick project for a friend to make a new distributor cap for his AE86. The cap was to be shorter and sealed since he was converting to coil on plug. Doing this it makes room for the distributor to fit without the need of banging out his firewall and cutting a hole.
So I quickly sketched up a 3D drawing and went off to the local machine shop where I had it machined. Here's how the final product turned out.
Compared to stock.
This one showing the height difference of 43mm (1.7 inches)
Last up, what it looks like on the distributor...minus the bolts since I didn't have them.